Wednesday, November 2, 2011

JM DRYGOODS IS OPENING THIS WEEK IN AUSTIN!

Jon and I have been working hard on the new space here in Austin and we are finally opening our doors!
This Friday evening JM DRYGOODS MARFA will host a Grand Opening party at 607 Nueces St. in AUSTIN, TEXAS. The shop is in an old house close to downtown just across the street from RANCH 616 and the soon to open RATTLE INN. It feels ALMOST like JM in Marfa and I am so happy to recreate it in this place. I am also super excited to debut SILLA, a line of beautifully handcrafted furniture from our very own Marfa, Texas. Silla is an wonderful, small workshop crafting handmade, thoughtful designs with an authentic Modern West Texas sensibility. I am also proud to continue to offer MARFA BRANDS SOAPS AND GLASSWARE!


And of course, the travels to Oaxaca have brought to Texas some AMAZING artisans including MASTER EMBROIDERER Odilon Morales (DUERMO CON MIS HUIPILES!) of ARTE AMUZGO and my heart of hearts CARACO DE FUEGO CERAMICS from Oaxaca's eminent  ceramic artist OMAR HERNANDEZ. There is so much to tell you about. Please come by this Friday evening. I wish I could have all of Marfa and OAXACA there loitering out front, but if you happen to be in Austin, do stop in, have a sip of tequila and hang out on the front porch with me and SILLA and Jon and of course JACK MAVERICK. You are always welcome round here!

No comments:

Post a Comment